SPICY TOMATO KALE SOUP
This quick soup recipe is one of my absolute favorite comforting meals. I canʼt even begin to tell you all of the many reasons I love this soup
–it is really easy to make, lasts for a few days, freezes well, can feed a crowd, everyone loves it… I could go on and on.
1 white onion chopped
4 carrots peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp sea salt
½tsp black pepper
½red pepper flakes
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp fresh sage
1 bay leaf
24 ounces of pureed tomatoes
1 quart of vegetable broth
1 can of Eden Farms cannelloni beans strained and rinsed
2 cups water
1 bunch of kale chopped
2. Add onion and carrots and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add garlic next and cook another 2 minutes.
4. Add spices, broth, water, and tomatoes to pot and bring to a boil.
5. Once soup is at a boil, reduce to simmer andadd beans.
6. Simmer soup for 25 minutes.
7. Discard bay leaf and puree soup using a hand blender.
8. Add chopped kale to pureed soup and stir into pot.