WHITE BEAN STEW WITH SWISS CHARD AND TOMATOES
Soup is a fantastic thing to eat when youʼre cleaning up your diet. Iʼm a big believer in putting greens in my soups and the robust flavor of the Swiss chard is wonderful. If you want a milder taste you can substitute it with spinach.
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1 (26 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
tender, 8 minutes.
2. Cool slightly, then drain and gently squeeze out excess liquid.
3. In the same saucepan, heat oil in medium-low heat, and cook garlic and crushed red
pepper until garlic is golden, 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add beans and simmer over moderately high for 3
5. Add the chard and simmer over moderate heat until the flavors meld,
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve.