VIBRANT VEGGIE SOUP
I made this soup in my cooking class and it was a hit. It is one of the most colorful soups I make. It is chalk full of beautiful veggies (you can put
about any one you desire). If you like your soups not so chunky, you can just put it in the blender for a smoother version.
1 clove garlic
5 celery stalks
2 tbspof high quality olive oil
4 cups vegetable stock
1-2 cups water, depending on desired thickness
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes*
1 6-ounce can tomato paste*
6 cups vegetables, chopped (broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, yellow
squash, zucchini, green beans, etc.)
3 cups fresh spinach leaves (reserve until the end)
2 tbspfresh herbs, chopped (parsley, oregano, and/or thyme)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional for an additional kick)
celery and carrot.
2. Sauté until lightly browned then add in fresh herbs to coat vegetables.
3. Add in vegetable stock, water, tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix
thoroughly and then place chopped vegetables into the pot.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for about 30-35 minutes.
When veggies are soft, turn off heat and add in 3 cups of fresh spinach
5. Place lid back on pot for 5 minutes to allow the spinach to steam.
6. Season with sea salt and fresh pepper.