10 great uses for organic coconut oil
How the dad in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” feels about windex – the cure all. That’s how I think about Coconut Oil. I use it for everything.
With a little resourcefulness and a dash of creativity, you can find over a hundred everyday uses for coconut oil.
Here are just a few…….
- Boost your metabolism. While adding oil to your diet may sound counterintuitive, the fats in coconut oil: medium-chain fatty acids are easy to digest which can be used directly by the liver for energy and encourage fat burning.
- Eye make-up remover.
- Lip balm. If you want to go one step further, he suggests mixing with beeswax and lavender essential oil.
- Hair conditioner. Apply to ends only, and leave on for 30 minutes. Also gets rid of frizz with a dab to hands and run through hair.
- Body lotion – use it plain or mix it with organic shea butter.
- Add it to coffee or tea. The next time you’re readying your morning drink, ditch the creamer, and add a drizzle of coconut oil instead. In tea it helps speed recovery from cold or flu.
- Cook up a storm. Coconut oil is a high heat cooking oil and great for things like a stir-fry. It won’t emit harmful free radicals as readily as other oils. Great for baking and as a dairy-free replacement for butter.
- Upgrade your smoothie. Oil may not seem like a natural choice for a smoothie ingredient, but a tablespoon of the stuff can give you the nutritional boost you need.
- Care for our cuticles. Treat dry, flaky cuticles by rubbing coconut oil into your nail beds. Use your fingers to massage some oil into the area—it’ll moisturize your hands in the process!
- Lighten up age spots. When applied directly on skin.
- BONUS……….. Can help improve sleep when taken daily
Your Soul Coach,