CAULIFLOWER LENTIL TACO SALAD
This is a recipe that has tasty cauliflower and lentils to replace the meat in these fool-your-family tacos. I used sprouted lentils from Tru Roots, because they take less than 5 mins to cook and digest really well. This recipe is now a mainstay in my household.
1 head of cauliflower, cored and broken into small bite size florets
1 tbspcoconut oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
½-1 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you want), seeded and minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2-4 tspchili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)
2 tspground cumin
½cup of your favorite tomato sauce
½tspground black pepper
½cup chopped cilantro
1 large head of romaine
1 lime cut into wedges
1 avocado cut in slices
1. Rinse the lentils and drain well
2. Combine the lentils and 3 cups water in a small saucepan
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender,
about 30 mins (or 5-10 mins if you are using sprouted lentils)
4. Drain off excess water and set lentils aside
5. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor or chop by hand with a knife
until reduced to pieces the size of rice grains.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
7. Add the onions and jalapenos and cook until onion is translucent, 5-7
8. Add the cauliflower, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, 1 teaspoon
of the cumin and cook for 4 mins.
9. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until the cauliflower is tender, another
10. Add the cooked lentils to the cauliflower mixture. Add the remaining chili
powder (if you want), 1 teaspoon cumin. Stir in the salt and pepper and
cook for 3 mins more to blend the flavors.
11. Combine the chopped cilantro and place the mixture over romaine
12. Top with fresh lime juice, avocado.